Thank you for considering us
Thank you for considering Glendale Primary School. We understand that finding the right school for your child is crucial and we invite you to visit us to find out more about our programs, people and facilities.
We are a school that always welcomes new students; however due to the high demand for places at the school, the Department of Education has designated a catchment area for Glendale Primary School and priority is given to children who reside within the boundaries of the school. Please refer to our boundary map for more information on the catchment area.
Cross boundary enquiries are always welcomed, and admission can occur, but only if there are places available.
To find out more about the Enrolment process, visit our Frequently Asked Questions section.
If you would like to talk with us or visit the school, please contact the office.
Glendale Primary School has a catchment area. Children of compulsory school age (Pre-Primary and above) who live within the catchment area are guaranteed a place at the school.
Cross boundary enquiries are always welcomed, and admission can occur but only if there are places available. To find out more about the availability of places, please contact the school.
When deciding if accommodation is available, public schools must follow the School Education Regulations 2000 which specify how enrolments are prioritised. Schools are not in a position to deviate from these legislative requirements.
Compulsory Aged Students – Pre-Primary to Year 6
If capacity to accommodate children from outside the catchment area exists, and there are more applications than the number of places available, the school will apply the following selection criteria:
- First priority: A child who has a sibling enrolled at the school in the current year and who lives nearest the school
- Second priority: A child who does not have a sibling enrolled at the school in the current year, and who lives nearest the school.
How to enrol
To enrol, follow this 2 step process:
- Apply to enrol: By downloading an Application for Enrolment Form and returning the form (and necessary attachments) to Glendale Primary School
- You will be notified in writing that your application is accepted: Complete the provided enrolment and permission forms and return to Glendale Primary School.
Download Kindergarten Application for Enrolment
Download Pre-Primary School Application for Enrolment
Download Year 1 to 6 Application for Enrolment
To help with the transition to school
The Department of Education has developed several publications specifically for parents.
- If your child is starting Kindergarten – see Hello Kindergarten: What to expect when your child starts Kindergarten
- If your child is starting Preprimary – see Hello Preprimary: What to expect when your child starts Preprimary