Welcome back for Term 2, it is great to have everyone back at school looking happy and healthy.
I enjoyed the holidays spending some of it with my son and grandchildren in Lancelin over Easter and as they live in the Kimberly it is precious time when they are down.
Dates this term
This term is eleven weeks with two public holidays and a school development day for which the children do not come to school.
- ANZAC Day on Monday 26 April
- School Development day on Friday 4 June
- WA Day on Monday 7 June
On Wednesday I was very pleased to attend the school’s ANZAC Service with our special guest, Michael Gledhill who served for 30 years in both the Australian Army and the Royal Australian Air Force. Mick was a member of the RAAF parachute display team as well as working in telecommunication and served as a peacekeeper in Bougainville, PNG.
The service was to a very high standard and I would like to congratulate and thank:
- the choir under the direction of Mrs Graham who was responsible for organsing the service
- the school band lead by Mr Sharp
- Liam Coxon for the wonderful job he did playing the Last Post and revile
- to Stephan Le and Nash Bullen for being the MCs
- to Arabella Nelson for presenting the Acknowledgement of Country
- to Mr Fairclough for assisting in the organisation and acting as MC
- to Mrs Reeve, Mrs McIntyre, Mrs Angland and Mrs Morosoff for making the wreaths
- the behaviour of all the children was impeccable and I was proud of every one of them
- to our School Board Chairperson, Ruth Langmead and to the P&C President Vice President Aimee Jorgeson for each laying a wreath on behalf of the community
You can see that every event has a lot of people behind the scenes helping it go off smoothly and we have an amazing staff at this school who all support and contribute where they can.
Congratulations to every child who participated in the cross country on Thursday morning. It is a great effort to complete the course and we always encourage the children to give it a go. Thank you to all the parents who came and supported the children on the day.
School photos are being taken of each class on Tuesday 27 April and on Friday 30 April photos will be taken of the children from Kindy 2 and the Year 6 students for their graduation.
Sibling photos are being taken on both days before school and that timetable is organized by Kapture photography.
Please ensure children are in a clean uniform on the day. Year 6 students are to wear their new graduation shirt on Friday if the order arrives on time.
Mother’s Day Stall
The P&C are holding a mother’s day stall on Tuesday 4 and Thursday 6 May in the afternoons with the after school sales available. Each class is rostered to go to the stall in class time so children can purchase a present for their mother, grandmother or carer. All gifts will be $5 each.
On Tuesday students from Kindy 1, Pre-primary, Year 1, Year 1/2 and Year 2 will go to the stall.
On Thursday students from Kindy 2, Year 2/3, year 3, year 4, Year 4/5, year 5/6 and Year 6 will go.
An Annual Report for 2020 has been prepared to be submitted to the Education Department and placed on the School Online website and on the Glendale Primary School website. It should be on the school website in the next week. This document examines the data academically across most learning areas, behaviourally, attendance etc. and makes recommendations as to the programmes for the school to continue with or changes for this year.
The bread bag tags recycling has come to an end at this stage as the sponsoring company has withdrawn its funds. Thank you to all those who contributed in the past. We have a huge box Mrs Timmers is sending off.
The next assembly
Wednesday 5 May there will be a Year 4 assembly lead by the children from Mrs Morosoff’s class. You are more that welcome to attend.