Welcome back to school Glendale Parents, Teachers, and Students!
Here are 5 tips and tricks to help you save time during the morning rush with kids:
- Create a routine – Depending on what type of person you are, having to get ready when you’ve just woken up isn’t always ideal. Developing a routine for everyone works well, because sometimes running on autopilot gets things done allot better. Creating a checklist for your younger kids to “study” helps quite bit, because they know exactly what needs to be done next.
- Sharing is caring – If your kids are old enough to help out with whatever needs to be done in the morning, then why not rope them in? Share the load by making each person responsible for a few things. Not only does it give you some time to breathe, it also teaches your kids valuable life lessons. It’s a win-win situation.
- Set clothes aside the night before – Make sure the kids get their shirts, shorts, skirts, trousers and the rest ready the night before and have them laid out for the new day – great for a night time routine.
- Get a head-start on lunch – Prepare and pack everyone’s lunches the night before and label them accordingly.
- Get yourself sorted first – Try your utmost to get up and get done before the kids add their copious amounts of chaos to the mix.
Once you establish a routine and get the hang of things, life should become somewhat easier and hopefully a little bit more sane.
I am at the school on Mondays and Tuesdays please feel free to call or pop in if there is anything I can do to support you and your family.